Updated 14th October 2019
1. What Is the Purpose of This Document?
1.1 We are Blutick Limited, registered office at 109 Birdwood Road, Cambridge, United Kingdom, CB1 3TB. Throughout the rest of this document we shall be referred to as “Blutick”.
1.3 The purpose of this document is to inform you of exactly what information about you that we collect, store and process. To generalise we do not store any information about you that does not help us provide the services you have purchased from us. We are committed to being transparent and open and this document will outline exactly what is stored and how it is used.
2. What Do We Mean by “Personal Information”?
2.1 “Personal information” means any information that identifies you, things like your name or email address. Any information that falls outside of this is “non-personal information.”
2.2 If we store your personal information with information that is non-personal, we will consider the combination as personal information. If we remove all personal information from a set of data then the remaining is non-personal information.
3. Your Data
3.1 What we collect
We collect personally identifiable information in order to provide you with a service and identify that you are the owner of the provided service. The following is the set of personally identifiable information we may collect from you and the legal and practical justification for its collection.
|IP address||Security and system maintenance. Your IP address will be checked against a service that determines how likely an IP address is a proxy / VPN / bad IP using statistical analysis. If we determine your current location does not match your billing address we will contact you to confirm the order is genuine. Your IP address will also be recorded on system logs that will be used for general system maintenance.||
|Full Name||Your name determines the owner of the Blutick Service.||
|Billing Address||We need to know your billing address to confirm your order and assess appropriate taxes.||
|Sign up location||Your sign up location will be determined from your IP address and referenced against your billing location to determine a place of supply. This is required for both VAT purposes and fraud prevention.||
|Email address||Your email address will be stored in our customer database and support system and will be used to contact you for various reasons.||
|Telephone number||Your telephone number will be stored in our customer database.||
|Date of birth||For student accounts, we optionally request your date of birth to tailor the resources to you.||
3.2 What We Do Not Collect
Special category data. Special category data is personal data which the GDPR says is more sensitive, and so needs more protection. We do not collect any special categories of personal data. For your reference these special categories are:
- ethnic origin
- trade union membership
- biometrics (where used for ID purposes)
- sex life
- sexual orientation
3.3 How Your Data Is Collected
Your contact details, including your name, address, email address and phone number are collected via a form that you complete either on sign up or at a later date when ordering products that require it. If you do not order products that require these details they will not be collected unless you complete the contact details form voluntarily.
Your IP address is collected automatically when you sign up to the Blutick Service or navigate pages in the Blutick Service.
To contact you regarding your service – In order to provide your service we will need to contact you to inform you about technical problems, renewal dates and security issues.
3.4 How Your Data Is Used
- Third parties
- We do not provide any of your details to third parties for the purpose of marketing.
- We will provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you. You may receive marketing communications from us if you have purchased goods or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
4. Third Party Processors
The list of third party processors is maintained at https://blutick.com/agreements/blutick-third-party-processors/
5. Your Rights
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals
- The right to be informed
- You will be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- The right of access
- You will have access to your personal data and supplementary information.
- The right to rectification
- You can have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
- The right to erasure
- You can have personal data erased when that erasure does not conflict with our legal obligations or security requirements.
- The right to restrict processing
- You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data.
- The right to data portability
- You can always obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
- The right to object
- You have the right to object to data processing based on legitimate interests, direct marketing (including profiling); and processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics. Please note that objections to data processing may make it impossible for us to provide you with a service.
You also have rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
For further reference please see the ICO documention
6. Contact and Support
Calls to Blutick are not recorded. Support tickets and emails are stored to provide historical reference information to provide product support.
7. Blutick Data Protection Officer
- Name Rob Percival
- Address 109 Birdwood Road, Cambridge, CB1 3TB, UK
- Email Address email@example.com